The Logistics Consultants have significant experience in assisting clients with:
- Transportation strategy development
- Transport Management Systems (TMS) Selection and Implementation
- Outsourcing—Services and Strategies
- Transport Modelling
Many clients don’t know their ‘Cost To Serve’, and are almost certainly losing margin as a result. It is important to identify low margin (or indeed negative margin) products, services and customers, in order to improve business profitability across the whole portfolio.
- It is not about culling customers – at least not until you have all of the facts to hand!
- Re-align distribution channels to minimise cost to serve.
- Re-align service policies to maximise profits.
- Establish ongoing reporting of Cost To Serve.
- Assess the Cost To Serve impacts of distribution network changes.
The Logistics Consultants can assist your decision-making process if you are considering outsourcing your transport requirements. Or, we can assist you if you are trying to identify suitable partners to meet your requirements.
As part of the process, we can evaluate you existing operations before you commit to making any changes to your operations. Should you decide to go to the market for an outsourced solution; we will advise on how to structure the process, we will prepare the necessary documentation, recommend suitable logistics providers for consideration, and we will assist with the evaluation and selection process. We can also advise on contract negotiations and prepare Service Level Agreements; and ensure that you are prepared for a smooth transition.