As a result of our extensive experience, The Logistics Consultants have developed a robust and efficient approach to optimising route plans and depot networks.
These are some of the key questions we have helped clients answer.
- What is the optimum fleet size and vehicle mix?
- How many drivers are required, and what are the optimal shift patterns?
- How many depots/cross-docks should we have?
- Where should they be located?
- Which customers should each depot service?
- How should deliveries be scheduled?
- What are the appropriate delivery frequencies?
Our consultants have optimised networks and have prepared route plans for a wide range of clients across many sectors. In particular, we have developed solutions involving deliveries into retail, food service, licenced premises, newsagents, pharmacies, etc.
The routing software can be used to model all sorts of activity, including deliveries and collections of parcels, pallets, kegs, fuel, etc., and we relish any challenge.
We have also optimised route plans for sales reps and for other service providers.